What does it Take for a Successful IT Job Interview?
India has approximately 6000+ engineering colleges and there are around 1.5 million engineers passing out every year and IT being the most lucrative industry the students are facing a real challenge cracking the IT job interviews.
To make you stand out of the crowd here are some tips for a successful IT job interview:
1) Research The Company: First and foremost, you need to do a complete research of the company you are applying for. You need to know about the company’s vision, product and services they offer, the various platforms they are working on, their competitors, and what is the company’s work culture. An IT recruiter will see if you are an excellent fit for the company’s work culture. If you research well regarding the company, you will be able to ace this part of the interview.
2) Resume: Your resume is your first impression and so you need to be very careful while preparing one. Make sure it’s a professional-looking resume and you should be careful while writing your skill sets. You should refrain from writing the skills you are not aware of. You will be asked questions about what you write on your resume and if you fail to answer them, then that will end up in you not getting that job.
If you are not sure about any technical skills, then you need to avoid writing that. If you are applying for a job that needs to show your designing skills or creativity, you can prepare a resume that showcases that skill.
3) Soft Skills: IT Employers are looking for candidates who can communicate well with their clients and peers. You need to show them your soft skills by communicating well, being confident, listening to their questions well before making your point and answering in a calm manner. Soft skill is one of the most important skill sets to ace the IT job interview.
4) Technical Skills: You need to have good knowledge of the technologies on which the company you are applying for is working on. You need to portray good logical and analytical knowledge and most importantly you need to be excellent with your basics. Always show a learning attitude and enthusiasm by asking questions about the company’s training programs and what are the new technical developments they are looking forward to.
5) IT Certification: IT Certification is an added advantage and gives you a competitive edge over other applicants. There is a gap between the subjects studied in the colleges and the industry demand and this is where the IT certifications help. They provide you knowledge and skills required as per industry requirement and this helps you in cracking your interview for your dream job. This is where Smart Mentors play a pivotal role, where our trainers who are industry experts mould students into a professional, ready to take corporate challenges.
With excellent research regarding the company and exceptional preparation of technical concepts, you can crack the IT Interview and land in your dream job.