Updated GSC: Consolidating website traffic on canonical URLs
Thread TagsAdobe Illustrator Adobe InDesign Adobe Photoshop Android Development Android Programming Android Studio Automation Testing C / C++ Programming Career Options College Lounge css digital marketing Fireworks Graphic Design Graphic designing Graphics Design Graphics Designing HTML? Illustrator Internship Training logo Design logo designing Magento Photoshop PHP Programming QA react-native Scroll Website SEO Single Page Website Stock Managment System Testing Typography UI UI/UX Development UI Design UI Designing UI development User Interface UX Design Viewport Web Designing Website Design Wordpress wp
Log in with your username and password
Register for free!
Registration at Smart Mentors is completely free and takes only a few seconds. By registering you’ll gain:
- Full Posting Privileges.
- Access to Private Messaging.
- Optional Email Notification.
- Ability to Fully Participate.
- Author Replies
- February 8, 2019 at 12:44 pm #53303
New search console will soon start selecting search metrics to the google selected canonical URL, rather than the URL associated in a google search.
– At an individual URL level change, Traffic will shift from any non-canonical (duplicate) URLs to the canonical URL.
http://www.example.com/sample is Google selected canonical, Data will be consolidated.
– At the property level; if you have a site with desktop version & mobile version, then data will be consolidated to the main URL (Example: Data will be combined for http://www.example.com & m.example.com)
– Most property-level data will shift to one property, AMP property traffic will fall to zero in most cases.
You must be register. Registration is 100% free.to reply to this thread.Please or