Why we need AndroidManifest.xml file in Android?
Thread TagsAdobe Illustrator Adobe InDesign Adobe Photoshop Android Development Android Programming Android Studio Automation Testing C / C++ Programming Career Options College Lounge css designed Design layout digital marketing Digital Marketing / SEO Fireworks Graphic Design Graphic designing Graphics Design Graphics Designing HTML? Illustrator Internship Training logo Design logo designing mobile phones Photoshop QA react-native Scroll Website SEO Single Page Website Testing Typography UI UI/UX Development UI Design UI Designing UI development User Interface UX Design Viewport Web Designing web pages Website Design
Log in with your username and password
Register for free!
Registration at Smart Mentors is completely free and takes only a few seconds. By registering you’ll gain:
- Full Posting Privileges.
- Access to Private Messaging.
- Optional Email Notification.
- Ability to Fully Participate.
- Author Replies
- January 31, 2019 at 1:17 pm #52913
Every application must have AndroidManifest.xml file in the root directory. It contains the information about your app and provides the same to the Android system.
The information includes the package name, Android components such as Activity, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, etc. Every Android system must have this information before running any app code.
AndroidManifest.xml file performs the following tasks:
– It gives a name to the Java package and this name is a unique identifier for the application.
– It describes the various components of the application which include Activity, Services, Content Providers, etc. Also, it defines the classes which implement these components.
– It is responsible to protect the application and it declares the permission for accessing the protected part of the app.
– It also declares the Android API which is going to be used by the application.
– It includes the library file details which are used and linked to the application.
You must be register. Registration is 100% free.to reply to this thread.Please or