Why are pointers used in C/C++?
Thread TagsAdobe Illustrator Adobe InDesign Adobe Photoshop Android Development Android Programming Android Studio Automation Testing C / C++ Programming Career Options College Lounge css designed Design layout digital marketing Digital Marketing / SEO Fireworks Graphic Design Graphic designing Graphics Design Graphics Designing HTML? Illustrator Internship Training logo Design logo designing mobile phones Photoshop QA react-native Scroll Website SEO Single Page Website Testing Typography UI UI/UX Development UI Design UI Designing UI development User Interface UX Design Viewport Web Designing web pages Website Design
Log in with your username and password
Register for free!
Registration at Smart Mentors is completely free and takes only a few seconds. By registering you’ll gain:
- Full Posting Privileges.
- Access to Private Messaging.
- Optional Email Notification.
- Ability to Fully Participate.
- Author Replies
- January 12, 2019 at 6:51 pm #51948
1. To dynamic allocate in your memory.
2. Pointers allow you to refer to the same space in memory from multiple locations.
3. You should use pointers to any place where you need to obtain and pass around the address to a specific spot in memory.
4. In some cases, function pointers are required to use functions that are in a shared library (.DLL or .so).
5. Making compilers
6. Making scientific calculators, where you have an array or vector or string map of function pointers?
7. Trying to modify video memory directly – making your own graphics package
8. Making an API!
You must be register. Registration is 100% free.to reply to this thread.Please or